Category: Health Care Skills
- Duration: 12months
- Saturdays(Blended)10:00am -6:00pm
- Thursdays (face to Face) 9:00am -4:00pm Schedules are flexible & subject to change
- Prerequisites: Mathematics, English and Chemistry
- Teaching Mode: Classroom/Blended Approach
Received On Completion:
- IAH Diploma
- AAH Certificate
- HFJ Certificate
- HFJ Card & Pin
A pharmacy technician would fall under the direct supervision of a pharmacist and assist them in dispensing prescription medication to customers or health professionals. They would measure the accurate amount of medication and mix or compound some medicines, depending on each state’s regulations. They may call doctors for authorization to refill a customer’s prescription. Depending on where the pharmacy technician is employed (such as a hospital) they may prepare other types of prescriptions like intravenous medication. He or she would package and label prescriptions, collect patient information and payment and process insurance claims.
Pharmacy techs often take the inventory and note any shortages of supplies or medications. In addition to these duties, they may be running registers, providing customer service, fielding customer calls, and locating over-the-counter medication within the store. They can be found working in a variety of places like clinics, hospitals, or other health care facilities.
Monthly Tuition-$12,5000jmd ( Please contact us for additional fees price and payment plan)●Course Material fee●Lab Coat● Basic Life Support ●Uniform●Internal & External Labs●
Mandatory Course Text -Mosby’s Pharmacy Technician (Principles & Practice) 6th edition
- Higher income potential through promotion.
- Gain a professional qualification and marketable skills
- Qualify for the international market (be eligible to sit certifying exams in other countries).
Government or Community Pharmacies, Medical Centers, Pharmaceutical Companies, Insurance Companies.
- IAHJA- Professional Pharmacy Technician Diploma
Your Registration Starts Here
REQUIREMENTS FOR REGISTRATION
Registration Fee is $3,000 JMD
P.N. All documents required for the application process must be clear. If a candidate presents false information, admission will be cancelled at any stage and fees paid shall be forfeited. A completed application form should be accompanied by the following attested documents:
- A Passport size picture
- A copy of your birth certificate
- A Copy of your school leaving certificate
- Copies of any academical passes that you have acquired