Category: Health Care Skills
- Commencing Date: March 29,2023
- Duration: 6 Months
- Contact Hours: 180hrs
- Saturdays 10:30am - 1:30pm
- Wednesdays 4:30pm - 7:30pm
- Schedules are flexible & subject to change
- Tuition Fee: $85,000 JMD
- Prerequisites: Mathematics, English, any science subject
- Teaching Mode: Classroom/Blended Approach
Received On Completion:
- IAH Diploma
- AMT Certificate
Phlebotomy is the withdrawal of blood from patient veins/blood vessels, for a variety of procedures including laboratory testing, blood transfusions, medical researches etc. As a phlebotomist, you need good interpersonal skills and a focused, professional attitude.
In addition to taking patient blood samples, you might perform clerical tasks, maintain equipment, conduct lab work or perform data entry. Phlebotomists are typically also trained to help patients feel comfortable for a procedure, and on how to provide assistance if a patient has an adverse reaction to a procedure.
A phlebotomist can work at Blood Banks, Private and public laboratories, medical research centres, medical centres, clinics, hospice, nursing homes, hospitals etc.
Additional fees included, please contact us about the cost and payment option.
- Materials Fee
- Lab Coat
- Basic Life Support
- Internal & External Labs
- External Exam (AMT)
- Course Materials
- Phlebotomy Handbook 9 edition (Blood Specimen Collection from Basic to Advanced) by Diana Gaza & Kathleen Becan-McBride
- A Free soft copy of this book is provided to candidates
Your Registration Starts Here
REQUIREMENTS FOR REGISTRATION
Registration Fee is $3,000 JMD
P.N. All documents required for the application process must be clear. If a candidate presents false information, admission will be cancelled at any stage and fees paid shall be forfeited. A completed application form should be accompanied by the following attested documents:
- A Passport size picture
- A copy of your birth certificate
- A Copy of your school leaving certificate
- Copies of any academical passes that you have acquired